What is Autrey Art?

Random artworks by Lucy Autrey Wilson

Monday, August 13, 2018

Bluebird of Happiness Mixed Media Artwork

I thought I'd create some interesting art with grandsons Wilson and Cole Taylor when they were visiting, but Wilson only drew a few items on this sheet of 24" w x 18" h watercolor paper.  The twins were too busy playing in the creek to do much art.  Now that I've finally finished the latest quilt (with eighty separate 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" photos appliqued into it) - more on that later, I thought I'd follow whatever quirky thing manifested itself and do some more work on paper.  I ended up with this mixed media piece which includes pencil, graphite, ink, watercolor, gouache, acrylic and various papers, including some old printed photos.  It represents a lifetime of seeking the Bluebird of Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment