Thursday, May 31, 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
1. "Menage a Trois" 5x7 (paper prints from a section of "9 Parrots in Orange Tree" 2007 oil painting)
2. "Cadillac Cat and Rat" 8x10 (paper print of Cadillac digital painting combined with J.L. Autrey's cat watercolor and rat china painted tile)
3. "Lollipop Hill" 8x10 (paper print of flowers is from a section of "Garden," 2011 oil painting)
4. "Sea Food" 8x10 (paper print of surfers in Solana Beach is from "Sundown," 2012 oil painting), one apple was painted by Matt Taylor, another by Amber Autrey Wilson Taylor.
5. "Underground Love" 8x10 (paper print is of scanned geraniums, ribbons and other real objects)
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
1. "Sundown," oil on linen 22x28. This family exploration painting follows the series begun with "Laura," then "Girl at the Window" (updated version below), and "The Witching Hour."
2. "Eyes in the Skies," oil on linen 16x20. The first in a planned new series of clouds.
3. "Chester Arnold Painting," oil on marble gesso on board 8x10. Painting of my famous art teacher who posed for his art class at Indian Valley College while he painted.
1. Leaf Beetle (silver point, watercolor and pigment with egg yolk)
2. False Idol (worshiping my brooch jewelry) - silver point, acrylic, watercolor, pigment and egg yolk and some glued on gold crosses I found in the driveway of Robson Harrington House in San Anselmo
"Crow in Marin," originally painted in 2009, got a partially new background (oil on canvas 20x24)
"Roman Arch, Pink Tree," originally painted in 2011, had a title change to "Roman Arch, Spanish Storks" when I added the birds in 2012. (oil on linen 22x28)
"Yellow Road," originally painted in 2011, had a title change to "Wild Turkey," when I added the Guatamala ocellated turkey in 2012 (oil on linen 22x28)