What is Autrey Art?
Random artworks by Lucy Autrey Wilson
Friday, July 28, 2017
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
From the bottom to the top:
1. A 100% digital painting done in 2005, with an old painter software program.
2. An oil painting done in 2006, recreating (kind of) the digital painting but adding a Vincent van Gogh sky.
3. Another oil painting, this time in 2006, with a different bird and a pink cloud in the sky. Sold to a friend.
4. Fabric applique of a crow drawing in 2016, on a T shirt.
5. The same applique crow, under a pink cloud and starry night sky, now done by cutting up photos and adding various bits of ripped Mulberry papers, all glued onto 100% arches cotton watercolor paper - just finished yesterday.
Thursday, July 13, 2017
1. Pen&ink & watercolor 7x10 - my hand holding a photo of the Taj Mahal with a view out the window in Queen Anne, Seattle of Puget Sound
2. Two portraits of grandsons Cole and Wilson Taylor (which look nothing like them but they were kind enough to pose)
3. Bottle of Amber's favorite hot sauce, also sharing the view of Puget Sound out the window
4. Something new! Mixed Media collage with cut up photographs and various papers glued onto high quality 100% cotton rag paper then inked. Vase of Flamingo Flowers is 11.5" wide x 15" high
5. The first of this new formula collage: Woman with a Bird on Her Head is 11" w x 15" h
6. Bottom two paintings by nearly 8 year old twin grandsons: Cole's is a still life of two beer can openers found on a treasure hung; bottom is by Wilson of his legs and feet resting on the balcony.