What is Autrey Art?

Random artworks by Lucy Autrey Wilson

Monday, October 15, 2012

Flowers and Figures


Top: "Sunflowers" is a new oil on Belgian Linen 22x28
Bottom:  Under drawing for a new oil on canvas 36x36 to be titled "The Big Wave"

The sunflowers painting was inspired by my garden and the quintessential painting by Van Gogh.  The patterned background was influenced by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama.  Both Van Gogh and Kusama's artwork can be seen among "art I love" that I've pinned on Pinterest.com here:  http://pinterest.com/lucyawilson/art-i-love/

After pinning a lot of art on pinterest.com and now on art.sy I realized I really like figurative painting hence the choice for my next big painting "The Big Wave."  I was also influenced by a great photo of high surf in Hawaii for the choice of subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment